Kanpai is the Japanese equivalent for the English word "Cheers." This fall, I will be attending Sophia University in Tokyo, Japan. The following accounts are the events of my journey as they unfold.

Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Typhoon!?!?!

I have already had a few people ask me about the ongoing typhoon, so I thought I would say a few words about it.

Today, I was supposed to go to Sophia University for orientation. It was canceled due to heavy winds and rain from the typhoon. In Nagoya, a city about 220 miles from where I am, there was some flooding that caused damage and evacuations. Around my city, it just seems to be raining harder than usual. No flooding. No power losses.

I have already received an email from Sophia University, stating that orientation and the Japanese placement test will be tomorrow.

The rest of my day will be spent studying for that test.

No comments:

Post a Comment